In Templo del Masaje we focus on offering services that provide effective results to our clients. One of these therapies is osteopathy. Next, we will talk a little more about the benefits of this technique.
What is osteopathy?
Osteopathy is based on the principle that an individual’s well-being depends on their bones, muscles, ligaments, and connective tissue working together smoothly. Osteopaths use physical manipulation, stretching, and massage with the aim of:
- Increase joint mobility.
- Relieve muscle tension.
- Improve blood supply to tissues.
- Help the body heal.
- They use a variety of techniques, but not drugs or surgery.
Practical osteopathic treatment
An osteopath focuses on his entire body, including the soft tissues (such as muscles, ligaments, and tendons), the spine, and the nervous system, and can use a variety of practical methods, including:
- Manipulation of the spine.
- Soft tissue massage techniques.
- Smooth rhythmic joint movements.
- Stretch muscles and joint capsules.
- Encourage muscles to work against resistance.
- Gentle movements of the abdominal and pelvic areas.
Because osteopathic techniques include a gentle approach, they can be suitable for many people, from the newborn to the elderly, and for those with complex medical problems.
In which cases is osteopathy used?
Osteopathy can provide relief and treatment for a wide range of conditions. These include:
- Foot, ankle, hip and knee pain.
- Back, neck and sciatica pain.
- Pain in the hands, shoulders and elbows.
- Tennis elbow and golfer.
- Postural problems due to pregnancy, sports injuries, driving or work effort, or digestive problems.
Osteopaths can also detect conditions that cannot be treated through osteopathy, to refer patients to other specialists.
If you still have questions or want to know more about osteopathy, you can do it here.BUY ONLINE BOOK APPOINTMENT ONLINE